One of my favorite things to do, whether I’m camping or at just at home, is to cook. I was fortunate to find a Ninja Foodie at a really good deal this year and it has become one of my most favorite cooking appliances. It’s an air fryer, pressure cooker, and a slow cooker. It has additional functions to bake/roast, saute`/sear, and steam. I haven’t tried everything that it does, but the functions I’ve used, I have loved. Clean up is easy as well.
Today’s recipe is my simple chicken marsala.
- 8 chicken strips or 4 chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1-2 cups sliced mushrooms (my favorite is the baby bellas)
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white wine – any that I have in the refrigerator
- Cooked egg noodles or rice
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Pour a TBSP olive oil and a TBSP butter into the Ninja Foodie Pot.
- Set on saute’ and allow to cook chicken for 2 minutes on each side along with the minced garlic.
- Pour chicken broth, wine, and mushrooms over chicken. Salt and pepper for taste.
- Set Ninja on pressure setting and place the pressure lid onto the unit.
- Pressure cook on high for 8 minutes and quick release pressure when done.
- Remove lid.
- If you’d like a thicker sauce, remove some of the liquid from the pot into a cup and add 1-2 TBSP flour. Stir until smooth.
- Set Ninja on saute`. Stir in flour mixture and whisk to smooth out the flour mixture.
- Once thickened, turn off pot and serve over egg noodles or rice.
This recipe is very easy and takes less than 30 minutes. Hope you enjoy.